After a hiatus from the Secret Recipe Club for the holidays, Group D is back in full swing, ready for another reveal day. And with this day comes some sad news for me — this will be my last time participating in the Secret Recipe Club.
I have been a part of the Secret Recipe Club for over two years. I’ve gotten assigned a different blog to make a recipe from every single month, and have made some delicious recipes — and have expanded my repertoire for it.
I have decided to pardon myself from the group, though, simply because there’s a lot of stuff happening right now — There’s my health I’m trying to concentrate on — as I’m sure you’ve kept up with the thyroid posts, there’s my photography, my day job, and everything else in between called “life.”
Thanks for having me in the group these past few years, SRC! I’ll miss you!
And to exit this wonderful monthly round of posts, here’s an amazingly simple and delicious cassoulet recipe from A Kitchen Hoor.
Adapted from A Kitchen Hoor
- 2 cups carrots, chopped
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups ow sodium chicken broth
- 1 (28 oz) canned tomatoes
- 2 (14 oz) canned cannelini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 14 oz your favorite pre-cooked sausage, sliced
- Heat a large pot over medium-high eat. Add oil and swirl to coat. Add the carrots, onion, celery, and garlic to pan and saute 4 minutes. Add the chicken broth and simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Add the canned tomatoes, beans, herbs and sausage. Simmer an additional 15-20 minutes or until the sausage is heated through.
- Serve immediately.
My Two Cents
This dish was so easy and so simple and so filly and so healthy! Thank you, Christie, for a fabulous last SRC recipe! Keep in touch everyone!