I pretty much only eat meals cooked in my crock pot.
Ever since I discovered the recipes that I just dump ingredients in a bag, freeze, then take out of the freezer the day I want to eat them, plop them in the crock pot, then they’re ready when I get home?
It’s almost too good to be true.
These meals are not only easy and delicious — they save me money and are incredibly easy to clean up. That plus, they’re usually pretty healthy. You can always cook up some fresh veggies to serve on the side, too, to boost the nutritional value.
Plus, there are soooo many crock pot meals out there. I can’t get sick of these meals because there are so many options of things to make.
If you aren’t making crock pot freezer meals yet, I must ask you …
(Otherwise do it. Now.)
Crock Pot Freezer Meal: South African BBQ Chicken
- 3 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1-1/2 cups your favorite barbeque sauce
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried apricots
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Place all ingredients in a gallon sized freezer bag. Lay flat to seal. Then double bag it to prevent leaking and freezer burn.
- When ready to eat: Remove from freezer 24 hours in advance of eating and place in fridge, OR, place in microwave on defrost setting until you can easily remove contents into crock pot.
- Cook on LOW 6 -8 hours. Serve over rice.
My Two Cents
This was so insanely delicious. The perfect combo of sweet and savory with the bbq sauce.
I imagine this would work with a mixture of chicken breasts and thighs, too. Or with chicken legs (drumsticks), if you prefer. I also think that meatballs cooked in this sauce would also be phenomenal — and pork!
Wow, more possibilities for more freezer meals
Stay tuned for more!