After taking a break from the Secret Recipe Club last month, I was back at it again. This month I was assigned to Nora’s blog, Natural Noshing. I was excited to get her blog at first glance because it was beautiful — so many gorgeous pictures and mouth-watering looking recipes. And as an added bonus, they all looked really healthy
After browsing for a bit, I settled on her Easy Baked Tofu recipe. I usually bake tofu in the oven plain without any seasonings and then add sauces later to a stir fry. But Nora’s recipe marinated the tofu first, which made it incredibly flavorful. I could’ve eaten the entire pan in one sitting…but decided to share with Chris :-p I also served it on top of a pile of veggies and called it a stir fry.
Baked Tofu Stir Fry
1 package extra firm tofu
3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp garlic powder
couple dashes of cayenne pepper or crushed red pepper
1 package frozen stir fry veggies
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly spray a baking sheet lined with foil with cooking spray.
2. Slice tofu into 1/2-inch slices, and gently press excess water out of tofu (use tofu press or place between paper towels and put heavy weight on top for 10 minutes). Cut sliced tofu into 1/2-inch cubes.
3. In a bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, vinegar and oil. Stir in ginger, garlic powder and red pepper. Gently stir tofu cubes into sauce. Cover, and marinate at least 5 minutes. Set aside any leftover marinade.
4. Place the tofu on the baking sheet in a single layer. Spray tops with cooking spray and bake for 20 minutes. Turn tofu, and bake until the tofu turns golden brown, about 20 minutes more or until develops a nice crisp crust.
5. Meanwhile, cook the vegetables according to the package directions. Toss the veggies with leftover marinade. Serve tofu atop the veggies — top with extra soy sauce or Sriracha. Enjoy!
Thanks, Nora, for yet another successful SRC recipe! This one will definitely be used over and over again in our home!