Hi all! At this point I’ve been a married woman for three whole days now, and am on a plane on the way to San Francisco for our honeymoon!!! I won’t be around for the next two weeks (but rest assured, I will be stuffing my face, no doubt). So luckily I’ve got some wonderful blogging friends that have volunteered to fill the gap when I’m gone. And dang, the things they’ve made look great! Today’s post is from Lindsay from The Live-in-Kitchen. Lindsay is a midwestern gal, has been married for 6 years, has two adorable kids (and one on the way!)
Hi I’m Lindsay from The Live-In Kitchen. I’m thrilled to be doing a guest post for Megan while she’s on her honeymoon. Hopefully she’s eating some amazing food and having the time of her life!
If there’s one thing you should know about me its that I have an obsession with making different recipes for the same thing in an effort to find my absolute favorite. Brownies are one of these things. Fudgy, cakey, with caramel, with chocolate chips. You would think I had done it all. The readers of my blog might be a little tired of hearing all the ways that I enjoy brownies.
When I found out I would be guest posting for Megan while she was away I knew I would have to make brownies. It was the perfect excuse to indulge in one of my favorite treats.
These brownies totally live up to the name. They couldn’t be easier (you probably have everything you need in your cupboard) and they’re fudgy without being too gooey and falling apart. They even have that perfect crinkly top that I thought you could only find from my favorite box brownie mix. I happened to have some bittersweet chocolate chips lying around so I threw those in for depth of flavor, but you could definitely use all semisweet if that’s your preference or convenience.
Give these easy brownies a try and I think you’ll be coming back to them again and again!
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Line a 9×13 inch pan with foil.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, place butter and chocolate chips. Microwave on high in 30 second intervals, stirring each time, until melted. Whisk in sugars. Whisk in eggs one at a time, then vanilla. Stir in flour and salt. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with moist crumbs attached. Let cool before cutting.