The day after I purchased my new camera, I was determined to make a recipe I hadn’t made before so I could take oodles of pictures.
Drumsticks were perfect.
a.) I’ve never made a drumstick recipe that didn’t taste good
b.) They photograph well
- 1 lb chicken drumsticks (5-6 legs)
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 oz apricot jam or preserves
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove skin from drumsticks if desired. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Brown the chicken in the skillet on all sides. Then transfer to a 9 x 13 baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Whisk together the apricot jam, ginger, garlic, and broth. Pour evenly over the chicken.
- Bake the chicken for 25-30 minutes or until the juices run clear.
- Serve with a starch and veggies. I chose orzo and Brussels sprouts.
My Two Cents: This recipe is incredibly easy to make. I love keeping a few packages of drumsticks in the freezer because they are so versatile, so quick, so easy, and so tasty. Plus, I love to cook them with the skin on — it gives you and the other people eating it the option of eating it, or taking it off before you eat it. Sometimes I indulge, other times I don’t ;)
Chris ate this after a very very long day of studying, and besides being just what he needed, he loved the gingery/fruity flavors that coated the chicken. And I did, too.
And I’m certain you will!