Quick, easy, and healthy meals are becoming essential for me as the wedding gets closer. My weekends are chock-full of meetings, and my evenings are packed with planning. I’ve always been strict with my workouts, but even more so now that “you must fit in that dress” constantly hangs around in the back of my mind.
So in an effort to not overly stress or exert myself, my meal choices have remained simple, and I’ve been doing a lot of repeats from the blog.
A stir fry is a meal that both tastes great and is easy to whip up. Plus, this combo of tofu and veggies allows me to serve myself a heaping bowl of the stuff without any guilt!
Tofu Veggie Stir Fry
Prep and Cook: 40 minutes
>> Click here for printable recipe
- 14 oz extra firm tofu, drained, patted dry, and cubed
- 1 (12 oz) pkg vegetable medley (such as Green Giant)
- 4 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line baking sheet with tin foil and spray with cooking spray. Arrange the tofu on a single layer, mist the tops with cooking spray, and bake for 30 minutes, turning once halfway through.
- Meanwhile, cook the onion and mushrooms in a large skillet over medium heat until the onions are translucent and the mushrooms are beginning to give off their liquid.
- Cook the vegetables according to package directions and place into the skillet with the onions and mushrooms.
- Add the tofu, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes. Reduce heat and allow sauce to thicken for 2-3 minutes. Serve over brown rice, couscous, or simply by itself.
My Two Cents: I’m making this again this week, and probably next, too! Does that show you how much I loved this dish?