Move over jarred marinara sauce.
Because this avocado pasta sauce has totally owned you.
I have a small (okay, really large) obsession with avocados. They’re tasty. They’re filling. They’re full of good fats. They’re pretty. And they can be sliced, diced, mashed, or processed.
Essentially, everyone swoons over them.
So when I saw this recipe for avocado pasta sauce, I knew I needed to make it.
Not only does it make your pasta dish a little more elegant, it makes it taste incredible.
Prep and Cook: 15 minutes
- 2 medium avocados, peeled and pitted
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2-3 garlic cloves (I used 3)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 tbsp water (or pasta cooking water)
- cooked pasta for 4 servings (preferably spaghetti or linguine)
- While you put your pasta on to cook, make the avocado sauce. Place garlic, olive oil, and lemon juice in a food processor and process until smooth. Add the avocado and process again until it is smooth and creamy.
- Drain the pasta and return to pan with diced tomato and 2 tbsp of water. Add the avocado sauce and toss until pasta is well coated. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired and serve.
My Two Cents: This is perfect comfort food, and fast when you need a quick meal. I was tired and hungry when I came home from work the day that I made this, and I wanted nothing more than to sit down in front of my TV in my sweats eating a giant bowl of pasta while watching Wheel of Fortune. And what better way to dress it up than avocados?
And I don’t think I’m going to limit this decadent sauce to just pasta. Why not spread it on a sandwich or burger?
Or um, by the spoonful?