I also made this for Thanksgiving, and this too was a hit. There was only a little left at the end of the day!
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- One 9 inch Deep Dish pie crust, unbaked (and thawed if frozen)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl until they are foamy. Then beat in the flour, sugar and dark brown sugar. Then beat in the butter and vanilla. Fold in the chocolate chips and spoon into the pie shell.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
The trick to this pie is to serve it warm and with a generous helping of whipped cream and/or ice cream on top. You can also swap in 1 cup of pecans instead of 2 cups of chocolate chips. I’m not a fan of nuts in my desserts, but whatever floats your boat!
People will gobble it up–guaranteed