I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
I made these Oreo truffles for dessert this Thanksgiving–they were a hit!
Ingredients (From allrecipes.com)
- 1 (16 oz) pkg Oreos
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
- 2 (8 oz) pkgs Baker’s semi-sweet chocolate squares, melted
1. Crush 9 of the cookies in a food processor or by hand with a rolling pin (with cookies sealed inside a plastic bag). Set aside.
2. Crush the remainder of the cookies. Place the cookie crumbs in a mixing bowl and stir in the softened cream cheese until well-combined. Roll the dough into 1-inch balls.
3. Dip into melted chocolate. It’s easiest to do this if the chocolate is melted over a double boiler. Place the Oreo balls on a slotted spoon and dip into the chocolate. Place the chocolate-coated balls on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbs.
4. Refrigerate the truffle balls for about an hour, or until the chocolate coating is hard.
5. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.