I’m having a housewarming party tonight with some of my friends, and I thought I’d pitch in a dessert for the event–
I discovered this chocolate chocolate chip banana bread recipe back in October on StumbleUpon. It was one of my first baking excursions, but since I wasn’t blogging about it yet, it’s not up on the site. So here’s the recipe!
Ingredients (Note: This recipe came from the website Sweet Savory Life)
- 1 stick of butter, room temp
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Lightly grease 9 x 5 loaf pan
3. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together
4. Stir in egg, mashed bananas, sour cream and vanilla until well blended
5. Add baking soda, cocoa and flour
6. Mix everything until well incorporated and fold in the chocolate chips. Pour the batter into loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes – 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean.
(By the way, if we can customize our own heaven, mine would look like that. Yep. I’d just sit in a pile of chocolate chips, maybe eat them too.)
7. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
The bananas and sour cream in this recipe not only give the bread extra flavor, but a ton of extra moisture. Look how dense this is–Put it in the fridge overnight and when you take it out, it’s like a brick. But a beautifully delicious brick.