I regret to inform you that I have been super lazy. I’m on vacation this week from work, and instead of going out and living it up and doing everything possible, ever, I decided to do the exact opposite and do a whole lot of nothing–including watching movies, more movies, and the occasional going to the mall.
Christmas was fabulous. Lots of food and baked goods were to be had on that fabulous holiday and the days following it. So now I will indulge you with one of the desserts I made for Christmas–Peanut Butter Blossoms.
Ingredients (Note: This recipe was found on allrecipes.com, and they credit them as Jif Peanut Butter Blossoms)
- 1/2 cup Crisco shortening
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- loose sugar
- 48 Hershey Kisses
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2. Unwrap your bajillion hershey kisses.
3. Cream together shortening, peanut butter, brown sugar, and sugar. Add the egg, milk and vanilla–Beat well.
4. Stir together the flour, baking soda and salt. Add to the creamy peanut butter mixture and beat until the dough gets a little stiff.
5. Shape into 1 inch balls and then roll in sugar. Place on a cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
6. Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes, or until they are golden brown.
7. When they come out of the oven, immediately press a hershey kiss in the center of the cookie. Place on a wire rack to cool.
8. Let other people eat them so you don’t get fat.